One Year Anniversary

A little bit ago I had mentioned I was planning a dinner for mark and I. It was this past Saturday and it went really well. I followed the menu I had posted about before. I decorated the screened in porch with a Chinese lantern and Christmas lights. Then I moved some things around and swept the floor. I set the table with a green table cloth and put two little tea lights as well. Then I framed the menu and leaned it against something. Here is the pic of the table. It was so cute!
When Mark got home I had him come in the front door so he wouldn't see the porch decorated. We first hung out for a little bit and I gave him the appetizer. Roast beef crostini with pomegranate. Below is a pic of how that turned out... 
Mark really enjoyed them! Then I poured our drinks and brought mark outside. He liked the transformation of the porch. We had Caesar salad first and then for dinner we had Parmesan crusted chicken, homemade garlic bread and orichette al forno. Below is the pic of the orichette dish which had pasta, broccoli, tomatoes, sausage all with a cheese sauce. 
The pasta was a different taste, because it was made with imported cheese, but it was good. I didnt take a pic of the chicken, since i had made it before that night. Once dinner was over we went inside for a little while and then we ate dessert. Desert was a panna cotta with strawberries. Mark really enjoyed the dessert, so much so that he went and got himself a second helping of it. Below is the picture of the panna cotta. I will post the recipe in a later post. 
We watched greys anatomy together for a little while, and then we blew up the air mattress and laid out on the porch with the christmas lights. I had written something to him just reflecting on the past year and so i read it to him. Then we actually fell asleep for a while and woke up sometime past midnight. Then at that point we headed inside, and went back to bed in our own king bed :) 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy New Years

Safe Haven

Falltime Bucket List Update #5