Summertime Weekends

Let me start off by saying i love my weekends during the summer. Mostly, i am off from work, i get to see my family, and of course, i get to see Mark :) This past weekend i had a great day. Saturday my dad had his company work picnic at Lake Compounce. Which is CT's little amusment park. Included in our tickets were admission to the park, along with a full lunch buffett and dinner buffett. By the time my family got it all together and got to the park, we were all hungry and lunch was open. So the first thing we did was eat. Lunch was good, between burgers, mac and cheese, taco bar, potato salad, kielbasa, the list goes on! Then after we hit up the water park for a little while. After we were going on different rides such as the roller coasters, bumper cars, and everything else in between. It ended up being a really great night. Mom, dad, ryan and michael left early, and Mark and I stayed for another half hour or so. It was a great night with my family and with Mark :)
On Sunday we all just hung out for the day. We went to good will (something to know about me-i really only shop at thrift stores) to find Mark new work clothes, although we didnt find much for him. We found a few other good items for the house though. Then we got some food for dinner. When we got home we went down to the beach and swam around for a bit. Let me just tell you how nice it is to be able to take a quick walk down to the beach. You dont have to feel like you need to stay there all day since you had to pay for parking or something like that. It really is such a nice thing. Then we started a fire to burn all the wood left over from installing our windows, and cooked up some dinner. We all ate outside around the fire to end our weekend. 
Not the best quality picture but Mark and I leaving the park :) 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy New Years

Safe Haven

Falltime Bucket List Update #5