Tax Day Nightmare

In the past I have used TurboTax online and filed my federal taxes for free, it was easy! All you did was put in your W-2's, went through a bunch of steps and then just hit complete and file. Well this year I not only had W-2s but I also had a 1099 to complicate things. I tried to do the online for free but because I had a 1099 I had to pay for the extended version. Before I paid I tried seeing if I could do it right and no matter what, something was going wrong. I could not find where to put the ductions for my mileage for the 1099s job. Online on H&R Block it said that students would have to pay $30 to come in and have a tax assessor do their taxes for them. She wanted to charge me $150! Even though it said online only $30. I went to my moms guy today who does hers and he helped me do the on line one. Turns out I have to pay 486, not 271 like I had thought, and of course- I don't have that in my account. So I decided to print it and write a check since I will be paid soon. I meet up with mom because she printed the 1040 for me. Well I didn't realize I had to send the w-2s with it. So now mom is rushing home to get them to then rush to the post office for me. Stress! But she just called and she is in line at the post office. Thank god. Next year I'll pay someone else to do it way before this date! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy New Years

Safe Haven

Falltime Bucket List Update #5