World Maps

I had decided a while ago that I really wanted to have a map up on the wall that was black and white, and I could color in the states that Mark and I had traveled to. I know people will buy regular colored maps, and put a pin where they had been, but I felt like you really couldn’t see the pin, and that it just blended in with the map. So I started my search online of looking for a map. I eventually stumbled upon a teacher’s website that sold blank white maps for the students to color in. It wasn’t a bad price either being around $16.00, however then I looked at the dimensions and the map was 6 feet long! No thanks! Then I decided I think it would be really cool to have both a map of the US and a map of the world. Making my search much more challenging because now I needed two maps, and I needed them around the same size. Then I remembered placed like staples can print and enlarge an image for me. So I searched for jpeg images on google and found one of the world and US that I liked. I sent them to staples, and went to the store. They printed them as 28x36. I had purchased two frames from Walmart for that size. Once I got home that day Mark and I colored in the states we had been to. Technically we could have colored in the US on the world map, but Mark said we should wait until we visit a little bit more. But now the frames are hanging on the wall in the bedroom above our TV. It’s a daily reminder of our trips, and all the future ones to occur.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy New Years

Safe Haven

Falltime Bucket List Update #5