The Day I Left Home

I have left home several times now, once for college, once for my apartment, and then the most recent was for my own home. I figured I would tell a little story for each time i left home. 

College
It was a warm August day. My whole family packed into two cars, along with all my college stuff. It was a whirl wind of a day, between the waiting in line, and then everyone helping pack all my stuff into bins and then dropping it off into my dorm room. Then meeting my new roommates and their families, and getting used to this new life im living. We realized we were missing a few things that i needed and because i didnt have a car on campus mom and dad drove me out to the store. When it came time to say goodbye mom started to cry and then i started to cry. It was tough to say goodbye, but it was the start of a new adventure. 

Lowell
Last september i had to rent my own apartment to finish up my degree. It was in Lowell, MA. This is also where i met mark and started a relationship with him. However, just like in college, we all got into two cars, and loaded up all my stuff. Mom and Michael helped me bring all my stuff up to the 3rd floor and into my apartment. It was really hard saying good bye. I was older at this point and i was on my own. In college i had roommates, friends, classes. Here in lowell, i was going to live alone, and take one class a week. I knew i was going to be lonely. When it came time to say goodbye, i cried one again as did mom. 

My First Home
Even though my new home was only 6.7 miles away from mom and dad and about 10-15 minutes away depending on traffic. When it finally came time for the day that i was going to move in, it was hard to leave my parents house. Mom was trying to keep Mark and I there as long as we could stay. It also seemed that any time i went there right after i moved, she always tried to have me stay longer. We have gotten past that point, but it was still really hard on my mom. It wasnt as hard for me this time around since like i mentioned above, i wasnt that far from home. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy New Years

Safe Haven

Falltime Bucket List Update #5