Stacks are Dinning Out: Penny Lane Pub

Tonight we went to Penny Lane Pub in Old Saybrook CT. It was the first restaurant on our new adventure of a date night out each week. 

Penny Lane Pub is located on Main Street in Old Saybrook. It took us 24 minutes to get there (according to the GPS). We parked a little bit down the street and walked up. When we first got in we had the choice of sitting inside or outside. Mark said outside, however i didn't bring a sweater with me, so we asked for inside. Then she said we could sit upstairs or down stairs, so we went upstairs. We were the first ones up there, but boy did it fill up quickly! The menu had a lot of great options.
Mark and I outside right after parking, i was trying to get a good pic of us, but i didn't notice my hair sticking straight out! 

So then i made Mark take a better pic of us while we were inside at the table. I like this one! 

Menu and the special sheet. 

Mark got Mammas meatloaf with mashed potatoes and brussels sprouts. I got a taste, and it was so yummy! It had a sweet flavor to it. Mark wants the recipe now. 

I got a grilled polenta cake served with mushrooms, onions, tomatoes, zucchini and squash with a balsamic glaze and cheese. It was amazing! I ate the whole thing, but i was so full after. I did track it for weight watchers. 

Both of our meals came with salads and bread. I got a dijon vinaigrette with my salad and Mark got the parmesan peppercorn. We loved our salads too. 

Overall we really enjoyed going out and having someone else cook and serve us. It was a nice change, and i look forward to keep trying new restaurants! 

#stacksaredinningout  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy New Years

Safe Haven

Falltime Bucket List Update #5