First Date

Since Mark and I are coming up on the one year mark I figured I would tell everyone how we met and what our first date was like.
How we met: we both joined pof.com. This stood for plenty of fish. I joined because my ex had just dumped me and I simply wanted a distraction. Boy did I get one! I joined on August 21st, 2013. I met mark by August 24th, 2013. Then we had our first date planned for Labor Day, Monday September 2nd, 2013.
Up until our first date we talked frequently. The Wednesday after we met we actually stayed up until around 2am just talking and laughing with each other. I had not laughed that much with a guy in so long! I couldn't wait for our date.
I picked out a grill & bar called garrisons. I had been there before with a friend. I was trying to get ready when I realized my broken hair straightener, had yet to be replaced. So now I had to wear my pretty long hair that I typically straighten, in a bun on the top of my head. Cute. The other struggle I had trying to get ready was I literally had just moved into my apartment. Literally as in, parents drove away, I turned around and ran to get into the shower so I wouldn't be late. I was lucky I could find clothes and makeup! However I purposefully got there early and picked a table and sat down that way I could avoid any awkward hug in the parking lot. I came clean about this to him about a few months later.
He walked into the bar area where I was sitting at a high top table, table 201. It was so nerve wracking waiting for him, and then he walked around the corner. I called to him and he came over to join me. The waitress came over and gave us our menus. When she came back to take our order we realized that we actually picked out the same thing, down to the mayo for our French fries. Only difference was that I got onion on my burger and he didn't. Which later I realized was weird because he loves onion. Personally I think he was afraid to eat onions in case we kissed later :)
We had general chit chat the whole date. Talked about family, likes and dislikes. Then the bill came, which he took care of. The date was over. However I didn't want it to be over. My new apartment building that I had just moved into had a jacuzzi that was being closed for the season that day. So I invited him back to hang out in the jacuzzi.
I am going to end this entry there...but I will share one detail. It was there in the jacuzzi that we shared our first kiss :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy New Years

Safe Haven

Falltime Bucket List Update #5