Planning our One Year Anniversary

So mark and my one year is coming up on September 10th. That day is Wednesday and mark works late on Wednesdays. So I decided to do something for us/him on that Saturday. He doesn't know about this plan he just knows the date and to come home after work when he's out at 5pm. So here is the plan. I am making a very nice dinner for the two of us.
The appetizer is going to be a roast beef crostini with sour cream mixed with garlic and chives. Topped with pomegranate seeds.
Dinner is orecchiette al forno. This dish came from an Italian restaurant in the north end in Boston. It's a creamy cheese pasta, baked with tomatoes and broccoli topped with a truffle oil. It was delicious! I contacted the restaurant and the sou chef gave me the recipe. Then I am making a homemade garlic bread.
For dessert I am making a panna cotta with a strawberry/raspberry sauce and fruit on top.
The plan: I have this screened in porch attached to the side of my house. I am going to be hanging Christmas lights on the ceiling and lighting candles everywhere. I will have one table with a table cloths and set very nicely. I will serve him dinner with a nice drink as well.
Once dinner is over I will have him help me move the table out of the way and I will bring an air mattress out to the porch and put sheets and a nice blanket on it. Before hand I am going to write a letter addressed to mark. I will talk about the past year together. While we are laying on the mattress I will read him the letter, just simply reminding him how much I love him. I am not sure how it will turn out but I am hoping for the best. I'll post pics of the food and let everyone know how it turns out!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy New Years

Safe Haven

Falltime Bucket List Update #5