Stacks are Under Deposit!

Tuesday 4/18 during my work day i received a text from my mom with an address. Now she does this often with houses she will find when she has time at work. Most of the time they are houses i have already seen, but a few are ones i haven't. 

So she sends me the address of 4 Wildwood Dr in Niantic CT. I had actually ran out of data for the month, so i wasn't able to check out the house on my phone. Fortunately i actually had just gotten to a patients house (which was in reach of my wifi) so i was able to google the address and find the house. 

First i texted her asking how many bed and baths, and she replied with 4 beds and 2.5 baths. I think YAY to myself. Then i ask how many garages, and she says 1. Booo! But i decided to check it out anyways. 

This beauty shows up! I was clicking through the photos, and realized i loved it. I love all the pictures and the location! I immediately texted our realtor and sent her the address. I saw that there was a planned open house on Saturday and Sunday. I asked her if we could get into the house today to see it. I knew a house in that area wouldn't last long! 

Nina was able to schedule an apt for 3:30 PM that afternoon. I asked Ryan to meet us there since i knew Mark wouldn't be able to get there. I called Mark at work and was reading all the details on the house, and i remember standing in the bathroom of fog plain and saying, "this is our house babe!" 

I met Nina at the house, and i loved it! The most disappointing part of the house was the small master bedroom, but the most important part of the whole house was the location and the huge back yard! I loved it! I knew we had to put an offer in. Nina had told me there was another showing after mine. So we knew we had to get the offer in. 

I ran to WW to weigh in, and then headed back to meet Nina at the office. I called Mark to make sure that he was okay with all of this. He agreed, and was excited to go and see the house possibly the next day. Nina and i put in the offer. 

Later that night I was showing Mark all the pictures, and the videos, explaining the house. Something we would need to fix for Mark would be the addition to the garage. Mark wasn't showing excitement, and he said that someone would come along and offer way above asking just to secure the house. He didn't want to get his hopes off. I told him to have faith. 

I couldn't help myself but i was already looking up outdoor furniture for our new place. I was looking up hot tubs, grills, and sectionals for outdoors. I was so excited thinking of all that outdoor living space! 

We requested a second showing so that Mark and my parents could see the house on Wednesday. We were confirmed for 5:15 PM, and were told that she had several other showings that day! I was nervous all day, and just hoping to make it through to check out the house again. 

Before we went to the showing Nina asked me who was coming. I told her it was going to be: Me, Mark, Mom, Dad and Michael. She said okay. So i took everyone through the house, trying to see what Mark thought. He once again was not showing much interest. Nina told me she had been texting the realtor all day, who also happened to be the home owner. She was telling them that we are newly married, and want a family and that this house is down the road from my parents. 

So we all got out to the back yard, and we were checking out the shed. While we were all standing outside, Nina came up to us, and in a almost sad face says, "so i have some news." And we just looked at her. Then she says "she is accepting your offer!" I immediately started hugging Nina, and then my mom, and Mark had stepped off to the side and looked shocked. So i went over and shared that moment with my husband, hugging and kissing, and of course, i started to cry. I was just so excited! 

The house is now ours! Under deposit. We are both beyond excited to start this new journey in our lives. Plus it is so adorable and has that character i love! 


#stacksareunderdeposit 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy New Years

Safe Haven

Falltime Bucket List Update #5