Stacks are Cooking: Hello Fresh

Long post ahead!
A good friend of mine introduced me to Hello Fresh a while back. Well I have to say that my Husband and I have been enjoying them so much! Of course you will always get a meal that wasn't a favorite, but we also have had many meals that we LOVE. Here are a lot of the meals and my opinions.


"Moo Shu Pork Tacos"
These were delicious! The part that made the taco amazing was the sauce! It was a mix of a hoisin and mayo. Amazing! I actually went out the next day to buy hoisin so i can start mixing that on sandwiches. 

"Chicken Gone Nuts"
This chicken was crusted with bread crumbs and crushed walnuts. The broccoli was a bit blah, but the carrots were yummy. 

"Rustic Beef Ragu"
This meal was just okay. I liked that it was a huge plate full of food, but not my favorite. It was ground beef with veggies over cous cous. 

"Lemongrass Pork Burgers"
This was a yummy burger. I hadn't tried lemongrass before and it was good. This burger was spicy though with sriracha being mixed in the burgers as well as being mixed with the mayo. 

"Thai-Spiced Pork and rice Noodle Stir-Fry"
This was different. I had never had rice noodles before, and i loved it. I loved the whole dish. It was just so different than i had before. 

"Pan-Seared Chicken with Herbs De Provence"
I wasn't sure i would like this as i had never fried farro, but it was very good! I also enjoyed the balsamic vinegar that was mixed in. 

"Sliced Steak Tagliata"
This was super yummy and very colorful! The vinaigrette dressing over the arugula and tomatoes made it all taste very good.

"Chicken Pineapple Party Tacos"
Basic taco with peppers, pineapple with radishes on top. Sour cream to top it all off. This was just okay. 

"Lasagna-Baked Fusilli"
I wasn't a fan of this meal. I saw that a lot of other people loved it, however for me it was blah. 

"Meatballs on Top of Cavatappi"
This was pasta with homemade meatballs with sour cream and pesto. This was just okay, i felt like it was missing flavor. I like the concept though. 

"Chicken Under A Zucchini Blanket"
The top of the chicken had shredded zucchini with cheese and melted on top. The mashed potatoes and green beans were a nice added side. 

"Shrimp and Cheddar Grits"
I loved the grits, i did not like the shrimp. To me they were a bit chewy. My husband ended up eating my meal too. 

"Ground Beef and Guacamole Tacos"
This was your basic taco but with home made guacamole. 

"Sweet as Honey Chicken"
This was another that was very good. The ginger in the sauce gave it a little kick, but i loved being able to eat it over a bed of rice. 

"Butter-Basted Sirloin Steak"
Holy yum with the rosemary and butter mixture to cook the steak in! Loved this one. And i actually really enjoyed the creamed spinach. 

"Tater-Topped Pot Pie"
I wasn't a fan of this one. It was okay, but my husband ended up adding butter. I think because its like chicken pot pie, you expect there to be more sauce to it, and there wasn't. 

"Sweet 'N' Smoky Pork Chops"
I am typically not a fan of pork, but this week there wasn't any other better options. The slaw was the best part!

"Balsamic Chicken Rustico"
I am always a big fan of onions. So on top of chicken is always good. 

"Melted Monterey Jack Burger"
Classic burger with cooked onions and monterey jack cheese. 

"Pork D.I.Y. Dumplings"
Homemade dumplings. They were good, however after frying them in the frying pan, they have you steam them. So they go from crunchy to floppy. Not a fan of floppy. 

"Meatloaf Balsamico"
Yummy meatloaf with a balsamic glaze with a side of green beans with almonds and mashed sweet potato! 

"Do the Dukah Chicken"
I had to google what dukah was, and found out that it was a nut. So the nut was on the chicken. Snap peaks and sweet potato on the side. The sauce was sour cream with lime juice. 

"When Steak Met Potatoes"
This sauce was AMAZING! It was a peppercorn sauce with shallots. On the side was creamed kale and potatoes. 

"Mustard-Breaded Chicken Thighs"
These were just okay, not my favorite. Sides were brussels sprouts with sweet potato. 

"Perfect Penne Bake"
Hello fresh hasn't been doing too well with pasta. But this one was not too bad with the sausage mixed in. 

"Slurp's Up! Sesame Chicken Noodles" 
This was a story fry type of meal with a peanut sauce. I didn't finish this one, my husband did. 

"Rapid Stir-Fried Beef and Broccoli"
I had this with my mom, and i was looking really forward to it. To me it was just okay. My mom loved it. When my husband got home he finished the rest of mine. 

"Sweet Italian Sausage" 
This box almost didn't make it to my house, and i am so glad that it did! I had never had Israeli cous cous before, and it was so good. I want to make this again. 

"Mozzarella-Crusted Chicken" 
Potatoes, roasted tomatoes, and a panko, mozzarella topping baked onto of the chicken. Yum! 

"Balsamic Onion Burgers" 
Once again hello fresh did an amazing job with their burgers. This had onions cooked in balsamic vinegar on the roll. Zucchini with panic on the side. 

"Lemony Shrimp Risotto"
I wasn't a fan. Once again, my husband loved it, and ended up eating mine. 

"Quick Sausage Bolognese"
This was my favorite pasta from hello fresh. The sauce had onions, carrots, mushrooms, and sausage all mixed in. It was so yummy! 

"Rapid Crispy Shrimp Tacos"
These were pretty good. I actually finished this meal! Also on the taco was a crunchy red cabbage slaw. 

"Oven-Roasted Chicken"
This was delicious. I also got to try parsnips, and i learned they are delicious. The sauce on the chicken was really good too. 


"Cranberry Turkey Burgers"
This was our first burger from hello fresh, and it was delicious! The sauce on this burger had may and cranberry sauce. Then the salad on the side had cranberries on it! 


So yes, even though there were a handful of meals that i didn't finish, or didn't like, there were also a lot of meals that i loved, or have made again. Its time for me to get up and make dinner, and i have a hello fresh meal planned for tonight as well. Very excited! If you are interested i am always getting free boxes to hand out, or discount codes. Enjoy! 











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy New Years

Safe Haven

Falltime Bucket List Update #5