Engagement Photos & Dress Disaster!


Mark and I have our engagement photos and save the date photo session coming up in just about a week. We are doing the vintage theme, and therefore have been trying to find out fits for both of us to wear. Mark he had gray pants, a white button down shirt. I found him a gray scally cap, and I have been trying to find gray suspenders. Now I have been looking everywhere. Finally I found a pair online, ordered them, and they work! I made him put the whole outfit on last night, and he looks awesome in it.

My outfit. I wanted two dresses. I had found a red one a while ago for the save the date photo. I just took it to the seamstress to take up the hem since its too long and make the sleeves a little bigger. I will be getting that back in a few days. Then I was trying to find another dress for the rest of the engagement photos, and still have it look vintage. I wanted to find a royal blue with polka dot dress. I searched everywhere. Finally found one. I got it in the mail, and its too small. They don’t have the next size up in the blue.  Back to the drawing board. Then I started to look for mermaid dresses since that was also the style. I ordered one, then everyone told me to cancel the order. So I did. Then I found one that was an Audrey Hepburn style, with a lace collar. I ordered it in the salmon and powder blue color. They arrived, and I liked them both, however the sleeves barely went down my arm. It was more of a tank top then anything. Then people were saying to get a lace shawl. So I was searching everywhere for a lace shawl. But really, I decided I still didn’t like it.

So last Friday, when it was down pouring from that hurricane in the Bahamas, we went out dress shopping. We didn’t find anything at the vintage shop, and then went to good will. Well there was a royal blue dress with polka dots that fit. However, it just didn’t flatter me. I needed to hem it, make the sleeves shorter, and change the neck line. I figured since I found it so cheap, it was no big deal.

The next day I met with the seamstress, who told me that the blue dress didn’t look vintage, and that my Audrey Hepburn style ones did. Told me I should keep looking for a shawl. 

When I left her house I drove 40 minutes up to the goodwill near me. I grabbed every dress that could possibly fit me, and started to try them on. The second to last dress I tried on was black polka dot dress with a V neckline, and a empire waist. It looked awesome! I wanted to pair it with a red sweater, belt and my pearls.

I went out and looked at belts and there was one of the stretchy kinds that was all black, and the clasp part was red. Perfect! Now I just had to find the right red sweater. I needed it to be a bit shorter, so It didn’t take over the dress.

So today I went down to the other goodwill near me, and found a red sweater. It is a little too long, so I will hem it to be shorter. I haven’t tried it on with the dress yet, but I plan to tonight. I cant wait to see how it looks! All that is left to do is get back the red dress, hem the red sweater, and relax, and get my hair and make up done that day! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy New Years

Safe Haven

Falltime Bucket List Update #5