Bridesmaids Weekend: Part One (Dressing Shopping)

This past weekend was the weekend I had planned for quite a long time. Ill take you day by day…
Friday I left my house around 1pm. I was going to head to Burlington MA to go to a bookstore I like to go to. What should have taken me 2 hours…took me much longer. I didn’t arrive at the book store until around 415. I did my thing there and then left quickly. I GPS my way to Julies house. I was leaving at 4:50 and it said ETA was 5:24. Well I didn’t arrive at Julies until 6:30. Then to add to it, it became dark, and started to rain. So by the end of my drive, I was more than happy to be at Julies and out of the car! Julie and I hung out for the night and then we went to bed.

Saturday 7:30 AM my alarm is going off. We had a few things to do in the AM. First we picked up my friend Athina down the road. Then as we headed back to Julies we picked up Marks cousin Janette. Then we all headed to Davids Bridal in Danvers MA.

When we got there we signed in, and then we were told to go and look through some of the dresses. So we all picked out some dresses in different sizes so people could try them on. Then our assistant named Alla came over and told us to follow her. As we were following her, another dress that was pink with pearls caught my eyes. I told the girls to grab a size that fits. Once we got to the dressing room Alla said that the pink dress was a “special occasion dress” not a “bridesmaid dress” and that the pink was the only color it came in. It just happened that it was the right color. So we all tried on dresses and found some we like, and others that we hated. Then we tried on the pink dress and we all really liked it. So we got a pink dress in everyone’s size, and had them all try it on. I sent a pic to Mark, Mom, and Mona to show them. We eventually left the apt without any decisions. Below are some pictures from dresses that were tried on.





Alfred Angelo was our next stop. At firs the lady checking us in was very rude to me, and I was kinda turned off right from the beginning. But they took us early, and we started to try on dresses. There was one that we liked, however it was slightly tighter, and would make sitting down uncomfortable. We were at the apt for almost an hour before we ran out of dresses to try on. There was one that was very flattering, but to me it was a typical bridesmaids dress. Below is a picture of that dress.



We all headed to lunch, to discuss and think. Since we had carpooled from Davids, we had to go back anyways, so we decided if we could try on the pink ones again. At first they were extremely busy. We told them we could wait, and we were in no hurry. Alla eventually came and got us into dressing rooms and the girls tried them on again. We looked at different accessories to pair it with such as jewelry, sashes and shoes. We all decided that we loved the dress. Alla sized all the girls, and we wrote down the measurements and sizes. I just wanted to show mom once I got home, then I would tell the girls to order them. The dress was $99!! Cant beat that! 

#QuickStacksOfLove

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy New Years

Safe Haven

Falltime Bucket List Update #5