Closing on Fog Plain: Stacks have moved

Last Friday was a very tough day for me. Well...lets face it, the whole week leading up to it was tough. I spent most of my nights crying, thinking of all the memories we had in the home, and how we were leaving it behind. I knew it was the right thing to do, but it didn't make it any easier.
Thursday night was our last night in the house. Mom had come over after work to help grab stuff for her house. But when it was time for her to leave, we both realized i didn't want to be left alone. So she stayed with me until Mark got home. Once Mark got home we made a trip to Moms of stuff, and sat for a few minutes to watch the Celtics lose. After that we headed home, one last time.

We worked a bit on the house, gathering things together so we would hopefully have an easier time int he AM. We went out to the screen porch to remove the christmas lights i had strung there only a few months after moving in. I had originally put them up for a special 1 year anniversary dinner i was making for Mark. After dinner i had us lay out on an air mattress with the lights, and i read him something i had written. So it was only fitting, that for our last night in the home, while Mark took down the lights, i read to him the same thing i read 3 years ago. I fought through tears to read it, hoping he could atleast understand what i was saying. Once we had finished outside we went inside the house. Our kitties were still there, we decided to bring them to moms for a few days before bringing them down to Madison with Leslie.

Our air mattress was in the living room, as there was no other furniture left. I wanted to make "one last fire" so i did. Mark was laying on the air mattress falling asleep since it was very late. I knew i had a bunch of work to do, but i found it very difficult to focus.

There was no TV, no distractions. I talked with Mark quickly before he fell asleep asking about his favorite times in the house. He told me they were us building the firepit, and the pool in the backyard. I on the other hand did not have a favorite memory, i just remembered the good times, hosting 2 thanksgivings there, getting married there, and going from girlfriend to wife int that home.

Around 12:15 i finally called it quits. I woke up Mark to have us move the air mattress into the bedroom. Mark and I both wanted to spend our last night in our bedroom. So we moved it in. I laid down, and stayed awake for a little bit just thinking about the empty house, and having to leave my home, and close the doors for one last time tomorrow.

I know this is the start of our next adventure. I know this change means we can start a family finally, but it does not make it any easier in the moment.

A few pictures from the last day in the home...
Right before she left. She always sat at my counter right there. 

Pic of Mom and I with the kitchen in the background

A pic of us together outside

Moms car in my driveway one last time

Mark and my last dinner in the house. They were burgers from Hello Fresh

Our screen porch lit up before taking down the lights 

Mark turning off the fan light one last time

Mark deflating the air mattress in our bedroom Friday AM

This is what started our saying between of: You're my person. I wanted it to be the last thing in the bedroom

Our key ring, this key was from the apartment in Lowell, once again, i wanted it to be the last thing

Empty garage 

Our two vehicles in the driveway

Mark and I in front of our bungalow 

Just me in front of my first home

Mark doing is ceremonial "goodbye" 

Pulling out of the driveway, i had to leave first, i also made Mark close the doors for the last time, since i knew i couldn't do it

Mark and I in NL right after the closing 

A comparison-the first picture was the very first day i got the keys (you can prob see them in my hand) vs the bottom picture, the very last day.
I know new adventures are coming, and our next one will be living with my parents for a little while.

#stackshavemoved 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy New Years

Safe Haven

Falltime Bucket List Update #5