Burlington VT-Bowling

On Friday as soon as I was done with my patients Mark and I headed up to Burlington Vermont. We arrived up at the hotel around 4:30. Mark drove as I continued to work. We make this trip every year around this time because mark is in a bowling competition. Friday night it was a friend of ours Birthday, so we all went out to dinner. After dinner we all went to one of the hotel rooms to hang out and drink. I was exhausted though because I had just worked 12 days in a row, so I called it a night early. 

Saturday we made good use of the pool/hot tub, and then it was time to bowl. Nikki and I went into town for a few hours, then back to watch the men bowl. As soon as Mark was done we rushed out of the bowling ally and headed to another hotel 26 minutes away. A few weeks prior a friend of ours that we had met on the cruise told us he was proposing to his GF. We learned it was the same weekend and same town in VT where we would be. So I helped him create a plan, and we were going to make it happen. Unfortunately, Marks bowling got started late, so we didn’t make it to dinner. 

We caught them at the end for dessert. When Mark walked into the restaurant Kaideys mouth dropped open. We were successful in making it a surprise. After dessert we asked to see the room. What Tom did was schedule with the wedding coordinator to come into the room after 5 and spell out on the bed “Will you Marry Me” in rose petals (my idea!) So when we asked to see the room we walked up with them. Fortunately, the bedroom was a separate area, and the door was shut. Kaidey was showing the kitchen and living room area, and I finally pipe up, “let me see the Jacuzzi!” since she had told me they had a Jacuzzi. When they opened the bedroom door, there were the roses, and I have a great pic of Kaidey looking at tom when she realized what it was. It was awesome. Mark took a video of the whole thing, while I took pics. It was a really great moment filled with kisses and tears! We then celebrated after with a round of drinks, and mark and I got a sandwich since we missed dinner. It was great to see them, and I look forward to getting to see them again. 

On Sunday Mark had more bowling, and that is where I am now. I am meal planning for the next two weeks, and just getting some things done. Below are a few pics from the proposal. So cute!

Right after she said yes!

Love how it came out! 

Selfie with the rose petals 

The ring! 

Newly engaged couple! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy New Years

Safe Haven

Falltime Bucket List Update #5